How to Make a Starbound BETA Server Easily [Windows/Mac] [Port Forwarding & Hamachi] [WORKING]
Hello my fellow Spacians! Today I'm showing you how to run a server in both hamachi and port forward on Starbound Beta! If this video helped you at all in order to make a server to play with your friends i like would be great as long with a sub if you enjoy my content that i make! Thanks again for watching
Hamachi Download: https://secure.logmein.com/products/hamachi/download.aspx
What is my ip? http://www.whatismyip.com/
Like my content? SUBSCRIBE http://goo.gl/QKTmRf
FOLLOW ME https://twitter.com/KeraIix
LIKE MEH https://www.facebook.com/Keralix
Thanks for watching! Rating, commenting, and subscribing helps my channel grow a lot! If i need to improve on anything just leave a comment below telling me what i need to work on!
How to setup a static ip
Step 1. Right click your network that you are connected to then click on "Open Network and sharing center"
Step 2. Click on "Change adapter settings" then right click the network that you are connected to and press propertys (you will need admin powers for this)
Step 3. You will see "Internet protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) Click on this twice
Step 4. Click on the bubble "Use the following IP address this is where you will put in the static ip that you want/need.
Step 5. enter a ip like this 192.168.1.(ENTER A NUMBER THAT ISNT TAKEN HERE FROM 1-255) from there you are going to click on subnet mask and it will auto enter all the info that you need right there. For the default gateway I have mine as 22.214.171.124 to figure this out your going to have to run cmd as admin type in "Ipconfig" then look at the default gateway that is just numbers and only has 4 dots.
Step 6. For the DNS Server your going to use 126.96.36.199 for the first one and 188.8.131.52 for the alternate.
Step 7. Click on validate settings upon exit.
to let the port go through your fire wall you will have to do
1. Open Windows Firewall by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking Security, and then clicking Windows Firewall.
2 .Click Allow a program through Windows Firewall. Administrator permission required If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
3. Click Add port.
4 .In the Name box, type a name that will help you remember what the port is used for.
5. In the Port number box, type the port number.
6. Click TCP or UDP, depending on the protocol.
7 .To change scope for the port, click Change scope, and then click the option that you want to use. ("Scope" refers to the set of computers that can use this port opening.)
READ THIS IF YOU WANT TO RUN A SERVER ON MAC
This process is a little more involved than it is on PC, but I found this on the Starbound forums and it seemed to work for me.
1. Open Finder
2. Do Shift+Command+G
3. Paste this in and hit Enter: ~/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Starbound
4. Right click on the file that says Starbound (the one with the penguin icon) and click "Show Package Contents"
5. Open the "Contents" folder, then "MacOS" and you will see a file called starbound_server. Double click that and you're good to go! It may be good to create a shortcut for the file by right clicking the server file and selecting "Create Alias", and you'll get a shortcut you can place anywhere on your computer. I still haven't figured out the server config files yet, but the process should be the same on both PC and Mac for this.
Starbound, Starbound Beta, how to host a server in starbound, how to create a server in starbound, easily, windows, mac, beta stage 1, gaming commentaries, tutorials, keralix